Perfect for a snack, pre or post workout, or even breakfast (though personally I would need something a bit more filling).
- 1 banana
- 5 strawberries (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp peanut butter, or nut butter
- 1 cup spinach
- Handful of ice – for thickening the smoothie
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (optional)
- 1 tbsp flaxseeds (optional)
Blend all of it together! Put the liquid and softer items at the bottom so that it blends together better.
Both seeds I listed are optional, however both have great nutritional contents so, why not add them? The same goes for the spinach; trust me, the first time someone suggest to me to put spinach in a smoothie I thought, ew! Would it even blend up? That would have to taste awful. But in reality, you can’t taste it since there’s so much fruit in it – even it does alter the color a bit. Give it a try, what’s the worst that could happen?! 🙂
I found this idea on Pinterest, so I unfortunately can’t take the credit for these cuties. Over the holidays I saw several different versions: some opting out of the banana altogether. Another (which I think is my favorite) was chopping just a little bit of the grape off so that it could stand on it’s own – so then they’re standing upright on the plate. I believe next year that’s how I will make these. They were just so easy to put together, and I actually had majority of the ingredients.
HO HO HOpe everyone enjoyed this Holiday season! Now, I’m ready to start the new year!
Now, who doesn’t love pancakes? Only weirdos, right? Well believe-it-or-not I was one of those weirdos not that long ago. I’ve just never been that big of a fan of pancakes. Usually they’re just huge, too thick, and get soggy from all of the (very) sweet syrup..Gross! However, since my newfound lifestyle change, I’ve found myself craving them. This is probably because I don’t eat sweet things often other than fruit. So this put me in a bit of a predicament.. How can I satisfy my pancake craving without really indulging?
After a few minutes on google I came across this uh-mazzz-zing 2 ingredient pancake recipe. Yes, you read that correctly: TWO ingredients; that’s all. Those two ingredients you ask? Egg, and banana. That’s it! Okay, okay, okay, I’ll stop ranting and give you the recipe already 😀
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 eggs
- Optional: Chocolate chips, pecans, almonds, raisins, etc
- Mix the eggs and banana together. (I prefer to use it blender/food processor – use whatever is easiest for you)
- Add fillings if you fancy
- Now just cook these bad boys like you’d cook any other pancakes
- Top with fruit, nuts, syrup, nutbutter – ENJOY!
- I let the mixture set for a few minutes before cooking them otherwise you get extremely flat (yet still delicious) pancakes.
- Look out for the little air bubbles on top of your pancakes – when there’s a bunch that means it’s time to flip those flap jacks!
I hope you enjoy these guys! They’re full of potassium, fiber, vitamin c, and protein but you’ll feel like you’re indulging big time. These pancakes are one of my absolute favorites now – I can’t get enough!