Now, who doesn’t love pancakes? Only weirdos, right? Well believe-it-or-not I was one of those weirdos not that long ago. I’ve just never been that big of a fan of pancakes. Usually they’re just huge, too thick, and get soggy from all of the (very) sweet syrup..Gross! However, since my newfound lifestyle change, I’ve found myself craving them. This is probably because I don’t eat sweet things often other than fruit. So this put me in a bit of a predicament.. How can I satisfy my pancake craving without really indulging?
After a few minutes on google I came across this uh-mazzz-zing 2 ingredient pancake recipe. Yes, you read that correctly: TWO ingredients; that’s all. Those two ingredients you ask? Egg, and banana. That’s it! Okay, okay, okay, I’ll stop ranting and give you the recipe already 😀
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 eggs
- Optional: Chocolate chips, pecans, almonds, raisins, etc
- Mix the eggs and banana together. (I prefer to use it blender/food processor – use whatever is easiest for you)
- Add fillings if you fancy
- Now just cook these bad boys like you’d cook any other pancakes
- Top with fruit, nuts, syrup, nutbutter – ENJOY!
- I let the mixture set for a few minutes before cooking them otherwise you get extremely flat (yet still delicious) pancakes.
- Look out for the little air bubbles on top of your pancakes – when there’s a bunch that means it’s time to flip those flap jacks!
I hope you enjoy these guys! They’re full of potassium, fiber, vitamin c, and protein but you’ll feel like you’re indulging big time. These pancakes are one of my absolute favorites now – I can’t get enough!
- If You Give a Preschooler a Pancake… (ccak3.wordpress.com)