This was my first attempt at this recipe, and it was sooo good (Is the cook allowed to say that?) Well, I think this soup is actually one of my favorite dishes I’ve made so far! I found a recipe on instagram, and had to try it. It was made without any of the additional things I added to it after the soup had been made (mushroom, chicken, cauliflower, etc) – to me just plain soup is not filling enough but YOU should cook it however YOU want it.
And without further adieu.. The recipe!
– 4 Tomatoes
– 1/2 Onion
– 1 Red Pepper
– Garlic clove
– 1 cup vegetable broth (or chicken, your choice)
– 1 cup coconut milk (your choice of milk – optional*)
If you want more than just a plain (but still yummy) soup:
– 1/2 mushroom
– Chicken Breast
– 1 cup cauflower
– 1 diced tomato
1) Preheat oven to 350 F (or 175 c)
2) Dice the onion, red pepper, garlic, (3) tomatoes.
3) Line a baking dish with aluminum foil for easy clean up, and put the above ingredients in the dish.
4) Add a few dashes of dried herbs to the mix; whatever you have and like: I did paprika, italian herbs, oregano, basil, and parsley.
5) Bake for 20-25 minutes
6) Scoop your now roasted vegetables into your blender or food processor (until you get a texture you’re happy with)
7) Combine 1 cup broth, with the vegetables. *If desired, add the coconut milk now. I added it because it just made it smooth, and creamy, and lessened the kick of the paprika* and bring to a boil. Stir often!
8) You can either stop now, or continue to add like I did. I just boiled cauliflower, diced 1 tomato, sauteed the mushroom, and shredded a left over chicken breast – then topped with a little goat cheese.